VIT has started the VITEEE 2020 application process for the upcoming year. It is held annually to determine admissions at VIT Vellore, Chennai, Andhra Pradesh and Bhopal campuses in undergraduate engineering colleges including B.Tech (bachelor of technology) and B.Des (Bachelor of Design)
As usual, VIT (The Vellore Institute of Technology) released the application forms on its official website, vit.ac.in and the application procedure will end on 29th February (Saturday) 2020.
Important Dates of VITEEE 2020
- The application process will close on the 29th of February (Saturday) 2020.
- The last date to edit online application is the same as that of the last date of application process i.e. February 29, 2020.
- Tentatively the Slot Booking will start by the third week of March 2020.
- Examinations will be held tentatively during the Second to Third week of April 2020.
- The Counselling Dates will tentatively fall in the Second or Third week of May 2020.
- The Commencement at VIT will tentatively start by the second week of July 2020
VITEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
Starting with the 2020-21 batches, the VITEEE 2020 Exam pattern will include an aptitude section. As a result, the examination will have five sections —
- Maths or Biology (40 questions)
- Physics (35 questions)
- Chemistry (35 questions)
- Aptitude (10 questions) and
- English (5 questions)
There will be no negative marking and the duration of the test will be two and half hours.
VITEEE 2020 Eligibility
The Candidates appearing for class 12 board examinations or class 12th (or equivalent) passed candidates are eligible to apply.
The upper age limit must not exceed 21 years of age. Hence, the candidates born on or before 1st of July 1998 are not eligible to apply.
How to apply for VITEEE 2020
Just follow the steps mentioned below, to apply for VITEEE 2020.
- Go to the official website of VIT — vit.ac.in
- Click on the link ‘VITEEE 2020 – Open now’, available on the homepage. It will open up a new page.
- On the new page click on the ‘Apply Now’.
- On the newly opened page click on the link “New users may register here”
- It will redirect you to a new page and under “New user (account Creation)” Fill your details, verify OTP and generate your registration number.
- Then click on the “Go Back to Sign-In” just below the “New user (account Creation)” page. Then Log-in using registration number and fill the VITEEE 2020 form.
- Make the payment of Rs 1150 including GST with extra bank service charges.
VITEEE 2020 application Fee
The candidates will have to pay an amount of Rs 1150 including GST, plus bank service charges extra (as applicable). In the case of foreign nationals, the VITEEE 2020 application fee would be USD 50 with additional bank charges, whichever applicable.
All the candidates are advised to through the important instructions for VITEEE 2020.
For more information candidates may log on to the official website of VIT. As being highlighted on the VIT official website “beware of fake websites – Please trust the only www.vit.ac.in”