The registration process of the Maharashtra Board examination started on the 3rd of October and will end on the 23rd of October, 2019. And consecutively, the Board will be conducting the board examination from February to March 2020.
The board has made some changes in the exam pattern in the Maharashtra board 12th examination from 2020. And these changes seem to be on the lines of changes made by CBSE.
According to the revised evaluation scheme of Maharashtra board the following points can be concluded:-
- The HSC exam question paper of Maharashtra board will include at least 25 % objective and multiple-choice type questions.
- The marks in the final assessment for class 12 students are reduced from 650 marks to 600 marks.
- The Maharashtra board has also introduced practical segments for all the subjects in the HSC exam. Similarly, the practical components will be there for all the subjects in SSC exam (class 10th board exam).
Component of internal assessment for SSC
- The component of internal assessment has been re-introduced For Maharashtra Board class 10 examinations. Where in, the theory segment will carry 80 marks and the internal assessment will include the remaining 20 marks.
- Also The 20 marks internal assessment has 5 marks assigned to listening skills of a student and 5 marks have been assigned to oratory skills of the student.
The detailed evaluation scheme is also available on the Maharashtra State Board official website.
The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education and its statistics
The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education organizes the HSC (Higher Secondary Certificate) and SSC (Secondary School Certificate) Examinations in Maharashtra.
The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education conducts examination twice every year.
The number of Maharashtra State Board School and Colleges in the entire state for SSC and HSC includes:-
- About 21000 schools for SSC
- Around 7000 Higher Sec. Schools / Jr. Colleges (for HSC).
The number of students appearing for the Maharashtra State Board examination is as mentioned below:-
- About 17 Lacs students for SSC
- Around 14 Lacs students for HSC
Nearly 6 Lacs students are expected in the supplementary examination for HSC and SSC both taken together.