The “Joint Entrance Examination Main” is abbreviated and popularly known as JEE Main. Previously, JEE Main and JEE Advanced were under the ambit of CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) till 2018, but latter-on it got shifted to the National Testing Agency (NTA) which is organizing it from 2019 onwards.
JEE Main is an engineering entrance exam or a qualifying examination, convened nationwide to provide admissions into undergraduate engineering courses being offered at:-
- 31 NITs (National Institutes of Technology)
- 28 CFTIs (Centrally funded technical institutions
- 25 IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology)
Furthermore, this exam is also considered as the eligibility test for JEE advanced- an entrance exam conducted for granting admissions to the undergraduate and other integrated programs being offered by the IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology).
The announcement of important dates for the JEE Main 2020 has been already made through a press release dated – 21st of August, 2019. A snippet illustrated below is taken from the official press release.
You can check it on the official link- http://18.104.22.168:90/Download/Notice/Notice_20190821175716.pdf
For the convenience of all candidates, NTA has requested all other examining bodies which are responsible for conducting other Public Examinations, to avoid these dates so that these examination dates do not clash with other public exams.
Test Practice Centers for JEE Main 2020
To familiarize aspirants of JEE Main 2020, a countrywide network of Test Practice Centers (TPCs) across India has been established by NTA, so that all the candidates of JEE Main 2020 gets an opportunity to practice and acquire the first-hand experience of taking CBT (Computer Based Test) prior to the actual examination.
Till now, NTA has arranged 4000 Schools and engineering colleges possessing computer centers and these will be made available to the JEE Main 2020 aspirants from 1st of September 2019 on every Saturday or Sunday.
Even more Schools and engineering colleges equipped with computer centers will be arranged in the future as per the requirements of the JEE Main 2020 aspirants.
Any candidates can use these Test Practice Centers for JEE Main 2020, it would be available for free, although it has been created as a support measure for the candidates belonging to the remote and rural areas of our country.
To help and familiarize the candidates of JEE Main 2020 with the CBT mode of examinations, Nodal Officer and staff would be made available at the TPCs who would be experienced, qualified and professional.
These JEE Main TPCs will have a pre-downloaded CBT (Computer Based Test) similar to that of the actual JEE Main 2020 test to be conducted on the exam day.
These JEE Main Test Practice Centers will help the candidates in the following ways:-
- It will help candidates to get familiarized with logging into the systems.
- It will help them in going through the detailed instructions of the exam.
- It will help guide them in using the electronic mouse or virtual numeric keyboard which will be on the screen needed to attempt calculation based questions.
- It will help guide them the way to scroll down or scroll up for the next questions and navigating between the questions
- And finally, it will help them to know how to review and edit the options that they have marked as their answer and the way to submitting them.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There are certain JEE Main Eligibility Criteria that you need to fulfill unless you’re candidature for JEE Main 2020 will not be accepted by NAT. for your convenience we are mentioning them below:
Age Limit for JEE Main 2020:
Only those candidates will be considered as eligible for JEE Main 2020, who are born on or after October 1, 1995. If you belong to the reserved categories then you will be granted relaxation in the pre-defined age limit as per norms defined by the Government of India.
Passing Year of the Qualifying Examination for JEE Main 2020:
If you are going to target JEE Main 2020, then you need to have passed your class 12th boards or any other exam which is considered equivalent to the 12th boards, in the year of 2018, 2019 or if you are going to appear for it in the year 2020.
Compulsory Subjects in Qualifying Exams:
You must have secured at least 75% marks in your 12th class examination, or should be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by your respective Board. If you belong to the SC/ST category then the qualifying marks for JEE Main 2020 would be 65% in your 12th class examination.
There are certain compulsory subjects that you must have studied during your senior secondary education or any other stream of education considered equivalent to it.
- To be eligible for Paper 1 of JEE Main 2020 (for B.E & B.Tech), you must have studied Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry or Biology or Biotechnology your class 12th boards or any other exam which is considered equivalent to the 12th boards.
- To be eligible for Paper 2 of JEE Main 2020 (B.Arch & B.Planning), Mathematics is considered as a mandatory subject you must have opted for 5 subjects in your qualifying papers.
Total Number of Attempts for JEE Main:
You can appear for the JEE Main exam for three consecutive years. While you should know that if you appear for both the sessions in the same year then it will be considered as a single attempt.
JEE Main 2020 Application Process
Just like the previous year, the JEE Main 2020 will also be conducted twice, first in January and then in April. The application process for the January session will initiate from the 2nd of September 2019 and the registration for April Session will commence from the second week of 7 February 2020.
As usual, candidates will need to fill the online application process of JEE Main 2020 in steps wise manner, and these steps would be:-
- Getting registered online,
- Filling personal details into the online Application form,
- Uploading of Images,
- Making Payment of the Application fee and
- Finally Printing the Application form along with the proof of payment.
As a Candidate of JEE Main 2020, you must be aware that you must submit only one application, as multiple application forms are subjected to be rejected along with your candidature for JEE Main.
As an aspirant of JEE Main 2020, you must remain vigilant as NTA would be releasing more information and instructions. Just keep in touch with the portals of Career Point to remain updated.