With CBSE Board exams 2020 overhead, the entire student fraternity has sped up their preparation, whether they are a good, average or below-average student.
Those students who have studied for the whole year and have completed their syllabus are aiming to score the highest possible marks. Similarly, those who have not completed their whole syllabus are finding ways to achieve a respectable score whereas those who did not pay attention during the whole session are in a quest to gain at least passing marks.
And this situation is quite evident, especially when it comes to mathematics. Hence we are putting up the important chapters of mathematics for CBSE class 12th board examination prepared by the subject experts of Career Point; to aid the preparation of all types of students.
- To help a below-average student pass the class 12th math board examination.
- For targeting respectable marks in math, in case of an average student.
- T o help get maximum marks in math as desired by the well-prepared student.
Important Chapters and topics of Maths for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam: to get pass marks
If you are a student of CBSE class 12th board exam 2020 and, have not prepared for mathematics board examination 2020. Then you must not lose your heart as there are many others in the same situation a trying to make up with others.
According to the subject experts of Career Point, there are few chapters and topics of mathematics which can help you pass your class 12th math board paper. We are mentioning below these Important Chapters and topics of Maths for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam:-
- Under the important chapters of Maths for CBSE Class 12th board exam “Relations and Functions (relations and functions and inverse trigonometric functions chapter), you should cover all the important topics as mentioned in the table of this article. This carries a total weightage of 8 marks.
- “Algebra (Matrices and Determinant)” is another important chapter for CBSE Class 12th Maths board paper. It can easily be covered in less time, and according to the CBSE blueprint, it will carry a total of 10 marks in the maths paper.
- In “Calculus” some portions are easy as compared to rest of it. Also, since it bears a total weightage of 35 marks, you should certainly not miss the whole chapter and do the easier parts of it, i.e. “Continuity and Differentiability Application of derivatives” and leave the other topics.
Following are the important subtopics of this chapter along with their expected marking weightage:-
- Check Continuity and Differentiability of any functions – questions of 2 to 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Logarithmic Differentiation – questions of 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Substitution method (In Inverse) – questions of 2 to 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Higher-order Derivative – questions of 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Rate of Increase or Decrease of water, sand etc. – questions of 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Increasing and Decreasing Function – questions of 4 marks can be asked from it.
- Maxima Minima Word Problem – questions of 6 marks can be asked from it.
- Equation of Tangent and Normal – questions of 2 marks can be asked from it.
- “Vectors and three-Dimensional geometry” is another important chapter of Maths for CBSE Class 12th board exam. However, the easier part in this chapter is “Vector portion” which you can cover easily.The important sub-topics of this important chapter of Maths for CBSE class 12th board exam, along with their expected marking weightage are as mentioned below.
- The angle between two vectors- you can expect questions of 2 marks from this topic.
- Area of triangle and Parallelogram – questions of 2 marks are generally framed from this topic.
- “Linear Programming” is another easiest and important chapters of Maths from 12th boards examination point of view. It carries 5 marks, and only a few fixed formats questions are asked every year. In this important chapter, you just need to practice the questions asked in previous years.
Just cover these five chapters and the indicated crucial topics of CBSE class 12th Maths, to easily secure the passing marks.
Important Chapters and topics of Maths for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam: for above-average students
Along with the five important chapters and their topics that we have mentioned in the above section the average students who wish to get respectable marks in math should focus on a few more topics. These topics are:-
- “Integrals” topic of “Calculus”
- “Three-Dimensional geometry” part of the chapter “Vectors and three-Dimensional geometry”.
Moreover, practicing the previous year questions of CBSE board question paper of mathematics will be enough to secure 70% marks in class 12th Maths board exam.
Important Chapters and topics of Maths for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam: to target maximum achievable marks
A student, who has covered all the chapters of his class 12th Maths syllabus, should master the following important topics to get maximum marks in mathematics board paper.
CBSE Class XII Preparation Tips: Topics for scoring Good Marks in Mathematics.
|Chapters||Total Marks weightage of the chapter||Important Topics||Expected marks of the topics|
|Relations and Functions
(Relations and Functions
And Inverse trigonometric functions)
(Matrices and Determinant)
(Continuity and Differentiability
Application of derivatives,
Application of integrals
|35||· Check Continuity and Differentiability of any functions.||2/4 marks|
|· Logarithmic Differentiation.||4 marks|
|· Substitution method (In Inverse)||2/4 marks|
|· Higher order Derivative||4 marks|
|· Rate of Increase or Decrease of water, sand etc.||4 marks|
|· Increasing and Decreasing Function||4 marks|
|· Maxima Minima Word Problem||6 marks|
|· Equation of Tangent and Normal||2 marks|
|· Solving by by Part Rule and Partial Fraction in Integration||6 marks|
|· Applications of Some standard Formulas and forms (1a2+x2 , a2+x2 , px+qax2+bx+c etc.)||6 marks|
|· Questions based on properties||4 marks|
|· Limit of Sum||6 marks|
|· Area of Triangles by Integration||6 marks|
|· General Curve as Parabola, ellipse, sphere etc||4 marks|
|· Linear Differential Equation||4 marks|
|· Homogeneous equation||6 marks|
|· Order and Degree of Differential Equation||1 marks|
|Vectors and three-Dimensional geometry||14||· Lagrange Identity||2 marks|
|· Coplanar vectors||4 marks|
|· Angle between two vectors||2 marks|
|· Area of triangle and Parallelogram||2 marks|
|· Different Condition based vector solution||4/6 marks|
|· Vector and Cartesian equation of line and Plane||4 marks|
|· Equation of Plane which contain line of Intersection of planes||4 marks|
|· Shortest Distance in vector as well as Cartesian plane||6 marks|
|· Equation of Plane and line passing through point and perpendicular to two planes||4 marks|
|· Binomial Distribution||6 marks|