Generally, Chemistry is construed as the subject that demands rote learning. However, if it is pursued with the right strategy and technique, then it can be mastered easily. For instance, you can follow important chapters and topics of Chemistry for CBSE class 12th board exam. And it should be based on the lines of the data-driven strategy if you want to score more in the upcoming board exam of chemistry paper.
Additionally, you should take some time and reflect on what should be the Important Chapters and Topics of Chemistry for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam for you. Considering the fact that the chapters and its topics (with respect to any exam) are said to be important with reference to its marking weightage and other factors. These factors are “learning period”- the time needed to cover the chapter and master as well”, and the easiness or difficulty level of the chapter.
And to support you in this endeavour, the eminent faculty members of Career Point have prepared a detailed analysis of Important Chapters and Topics of Chemistry for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam as mentioned below.
Important Chapters and Topics of Chemistry: to pass the CBSE Class 12th Board Exam in less effort and less time
- The chapters like Biomolecules, Polymers, and Chemistry in everyday life are considered as easy for even below average studentsa. Moreover, it carries a weightage of 10 marks therefore it must not be missed.
- In physical chemistry, you must not miss the solution and Chemical Kinetics as its important and carries 5 marks.
- In inorganic chemistry, Coordination Chemistry (Naming) and Surface Chemistry (D/B) are important chapters and caries 10 marks each. P-block (Structure, Hybridization) and D-block (KMnO4, K2Cr2o7) are also important Chapters for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam as these two chapters carry 13 marks each.
- In Organic chemistry, Haloalkenes & Haloarenes are important chapter. Additionally, important topics are Name reactions are from:-
- Haloalkenes & Haloarenes
- Alcohol, Phenols & Ether
- Aldehyde, Ketones & Carbonylic
Removed Chapters and Topics of CBSE Class 12th Chemistry
This time some chapters and topics are removed from the syllabus of CBSE class 12th chemistry, and the question paper of CBSE board exam will not carry questions from them. These removed chapters and topics are
- Solid State (Complete Chapter)
- P-Block (Group-15)
Important Chapters and Topics of Physical Chemistry for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam
- Solutions : 5 Marks + 1 Mark
- Electrochemistry : 5 Marks + 1 Mark
- Chemical Kinetics : 5 Marks + 1 Mark
- Surface Chemistry : 4 Marks + 1 Mark
Additionally, numerical of 2 to 3 Marks can be expected from each of these important chapters of chemistry in CBSE class 12th board exam.
concentration Terms, Henry Law, Raoult’s Law, Ideal and non-ideal solutions & Colligative Properties (Numericals)
Problems related to the Nernst Equation, Electrolytic Cell, Conductance Measurement, Electrochemical series based questions and Short Note on Batteries, Fuel Cell
- Chemical Kinetics
Problems related to rate law and order of reaction and their half-life calculations, Graphical problems are also framed from this chapter(0 &1st Order), Arrhenius Equation.
- Surface Chemistry
Questions like D/B: Lyophilic & Lyophobic, Physical Ad & Chemical Ad, Enzymes & Catalyst, Adsorption & Absorption. Preferential Charge Ad Theory.
Tips: Write formulas in each numerical question in Board Exams, to get marks for each step.
Important Chapters and Topics of Inorganic Chemistry for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam
- General Principles & Process of Isolation of Elements :3 Marks
- P-block :8 Marks (Important topic – Trends in Characteristics)
- D & F-block :5 Marks
- Coordination Compound :3 Marks
- In Metallurgy :
Do refining methods, Leaching, Blast Furnance, Hall Heroult Process, Froth Flotation, Ellingham Diagram’s related Questions.
- P-block :
Group-17 & Group-18 are very important + some process like contact process + Decons process, Interhalogen Compounds, Structure Identification of compounds, Exercise problem of NCERT
- D & F-block :
Physical Characteristics, Oxidizing Action of KMnO4 & K2Cr2O7 & their properties, D/B Lanthanides Actinides.
- Coordination Compound:
Nomenclature, Isomerism & VBT**, spectrochemical series, crystal field splitting.
Important Chapters and Topics of Organic Chemistry for CBSE Class 12th Board Exam
- One 5 Mark question is always asked from back exercise NCERT Questions
- Nomenclature : 2 Marks
- Distinguish Test : 2 Marks
- Mechanism : 3 Marks
- Name Reaction : 3 Marks
- Conversions : 4 Marks
- Haloalkenes & Haloarenes: 4 Marks(SN1 AND SN2)
- Alcohol, Phenols & Ether: 4 Marks (hydration and dehydration mech.) acidity of phenols.
- Aldehyde, Ketones & Carbonylic: 6 Marks (Name Reactions Important)
- Amines: 4 Marks(Basicity order), D/B AMINES.
- Biomolecules: 4 Marks (Structure of Sucrose, D/B Amylose and Amylopectin, Aminoacids & Proteins)
- Polymers : 3 Marks (Type of Polymers & Eg. Of diff. Polymers)
- Chemistry in Everyday Life : 3 Marks (Uses of Various medicines, saponification and some differences)
Tips:- Practice questions from NCERT Exemplar which includes MCQ, True & False, Assertion & Reasoning.