The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has started the correction process in the application forms of class 10 and 12 board exams 2020. The schools affiliated to the CBSE had submitted the list of candidates (shortened as LOC) with normal prescribed fees till September 30, 2019, and till 14th of October with extra late fees for both the 10th and 12th classes. After which some schools had requested CBSE to allow corrections in the applications.
In a circular published on 31st of October 2019, CBSE asserted that the board had expected from its affiliated schools will upload the 100% correct candidates’ data in LOC. Even though, after LOC submissions, several schools had requested CBSE to allow corrections in the students’ data in the LOC.
Therefore, CBSE made a provision of corrections as a single time measure. Wherein, the link for CBSE LOC corrections is opened starting from 4th of November till 11th of November 2019.
Types of corrections allowed in CBSE LOC, Board Exams 2020
The Circular of CBSE LOC states that Schools can make online correction in all the fields. However CBSE has laid down certain criteria where corrections can be made, these are as mentioned below:-
- Students of Class-X can choose and correct from the option of Mathematics Standard (041) and Mathematics Basic (241), during this duration only as no next opportunity will be granted further.
- All the requests made further to change the subject will not be entertained. Similarly, if a candidate requests at the time of examinations to provide question papers of other subjects other than that of the submitted subject in LOC will not be entertained.
- Corrections in the data of the candidates which include the name of the candidate, his/her father’s name, mother’s name and candidates Date of Birth etc will be accepted after the examination.
- Candidates cannot make changes in their complete full name as it will not be permitted. Only correction in the name is allowed.
- Similarly, no new name will be allowed to be added in the data of LOC.
- It is required to take the Print out of all the corrections made must be sent to the concerned Regional Office to where the concerned schools belong. These print outs must be duly authenticated by the Head of the school and must reach concerned Regional Office latest by 20.11.2019
It is important to note that after the expiry of correction facility pertaining to the List of Candidates for CBSE Board Examination 2020 no corrections, whatsoever, will be entertained by the CBSE.
So it is advisable to the students that they must check whether any corrections are needed in LOC and do the needful corrections if any to avoid inconvenience further.
Keep visiting this information site of Career Point for more simplified and detailed information like this.