Through a circular addressed to the Principal/ Head of All Schools Affiliated to CBSE, the Central Board of Secondary Education mentioned the dates for the class 10 and 12 practical examinations to be held prior to the CBSE Board Examinations.
This circular was released on the 4th of November 2019. Wherein, along with the dates and schedules of class 10 and 12 practical examinations, a couple of instructions for the schools was there.
Dates of CBSE Practical Exam 2020 Class 10 and 12
CBSE Board’s notification points out that the CBSE affiliated schools have to formally organize Class 10 and 12 practical exams from 1st January 2020 to 7th February 2020.
The circular of the CBSE has also outlined a few revised assessment pattern as-well-as mandatory requirements and facilities for internal assessment and practical examinations.
Schools to decide their Practical Exam Dates within the allowed period
Though the CBSE has outlined the period under which the CBSE Practical Exams 2020. It must be noted that the respective schools will decide the exact dates for their respective practical exams for Class 10 and Class 12. Whereas, these dates will be rolled out as per the availability of the external examiners authorized for conducting the CBSE practical exam 2020.
This means that the CBSE is only responsible for the announcement of the overall l exam period. Hence, the students need to enquire the detailed subject-wise CBSE practical exam 2020 dates through their respective schools.
Important Highlights of CBSE Board Practical Exam 2020
- Students will attend their CBSE Board Practical Exam 2020 for class 10 and 12 and Project assessments at their respective schools.
- Practical Exams will be held by an external examiner appointed by the CBSE. Additionally, as per the past practices, an Internal Examiner will also be there along with an External Examiner.
- As a stringent measure, the CBSE will also appoint an observer to supervise conduction of the practical examination as well as project assessment.
- The Schools must ensure that only the external examiners appointed by the board will conduct the CBSE Board Practical Exam 2020 for class 10 and 12.
Last date for uploading data of CBSE Board Practical Exam 2020
- The Marks of the students will be uploaded on the link provided by the CBSE immediately after the assessment is declared done. Schools must upload the correct marks of the CBSE Board Practical Exam 2020 as no correction in the marks will be allowed after it.
- The schools will be provided with an App link for uploading one group photograph of each batch during the practical examination.
Group Photo must show up all the candidates of that batch, External examiner, internal examiner and Observer. Moreover to it, the photographs should be clicked in the laboratory where practical exams are being held and the laboratory should also be seen clearly in the photograph.
Faces of all the students involved in the practical should be clearly visible in the photograph. Also, the laboratory should be clearly visible in it.
- Additionally, a couple of other information like total batch, batch number, date and time etc will also be required to be uploaded on the provided link.
- This time the CBSE is ensuring that the photograph of the student’s group being uploaded is geotagged and time tagged.
- The practical or the project marks of the CBSE Board Practical Exam 2020 for class 10 and 12 must be uploaded on the link provided by the Board immediately after completion of the process on the exact date and same day.
- The marks of Internal Assessment should also be uploaded simultaneously that is w.e.f 1st January 2020 to 7th February 2020.
- No extension will be allowed in any practical and internal assessment activity after 7th of February 2020, including the last date for uploading data and photograph etc.
For the purpose of your reference, we are mentioning below the links for the official Circular of CBSE Board Practical Exam 2020 for class 10 and 12.