The upcoming Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test, which is abbreviated and commonly referred to as BITSAT 2020, is a university-level examination held every year.
Organized by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (Pilani), BITSAT 2020 will be the gateway to admissions into various Integrated First Degree Programmes being offered at BITS Pilani at Pilani campus, K. K. Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus.
After qualifying the BITSAT 2020, the candidates will be offered admissions into B.E, B.Pharm and M.Sc programs at the aforementioned campuses of Hyderabad, Goa, and Pilani.
If you want to get admission into these courses being offered at various campuses of BITS, then you would be required to register for the BITS 2020 through online mode.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates
The official announcements of the BITSAT 2020 Schedule and exact dates will be released in December. As an endeavor to bring insight into the forthcoming schedule of BITSAT 2020, we have rolled down the tentative dates for the BITSAT 2020.
- Release date of Application Form – 11th January 2020
- Application submission last date of— 31st March 2020 (5.00pm)
- Opening of Application correction window – 22nd March to 1st April 2020
- Allotment of BITSAT Exam center – 3rd April 2020
- Booking of Exam Slot – 5th April to 12th April 2020
- Releasing of Admit card or Hall ticket— 12th April to 13th May 2020
- BITSAT 2020 Exam date – 16th May to 26th May 2020
- Application for admission based on class 12th board exam scores— 18th May to 18th June 2020
- Releasing Admit list and Wait for the list of BITSAT 2020 – 20th June 2020
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2020
On the broader level, there are two sets of the Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2020 according to the courses. You are advised to check whether you are eligible or not before applying for the BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria for the First-degree program except for B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam criteria: You as a candidate must have passed your 10+2 board examinations or any other exam considered equivalent to it, from any recognized board/University. Candidates appearing in the 12th board examination or an equivalent examination will also be considered eligible to apply for BITSAT 2020.
- Criteria for Qualifying Subjects: If you want to apply for BITSAT Non- B.Pharma courses then you must have passed your 10+2 level exams with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Math) as the main subjects, and you must have the required proficiency in English.
- Criteria for Qualifying Marks: You must have scored 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Along with it, you must have secured 60% marks in each of the individual subjects.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria for the First-degree program for Admission into B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam criteria for B.Pharm: You must have passed or have been appearing for your 10+2 senior secondary board examination or any other exam considered equivalent to it, from any recognized board/University.
- Criteria for Qualifying Subjects for B.Pharm: If you want to apply for BITSAT B.Pharma courses then you must have passed your 10+2 level exams with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) as the main subjects, and you must have the required proficiency in English as well.
- Criteria for Qualifying Marks for B.Pharm: You must have scored 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and biology, and you must have secured 60% marks individually in each of these subjects.
Exam Pattern of BITSAT 2020
In order to kick start your preparation for BITSAT 2020 in an effective way, you must know the BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern, which we have mentioned just below:
- BITSAT 2020 Exam Date and Exam Mode: BITSAT 2020 entrance test will be organized in an online CBT mode (computer-based test) by the 3rd to the last week of May 2020.
- Number of Papers in BITSAT 2020: The question paper of BITSAT 2020 will consist of four sections
- Physics Section
- Chemistry Section
- Mathematics/Biology Section
- Section of Logical reasoning and English proficiency
- Number and Type of Questions in BITSAT 2020: A Total of 150 MCQ (multiple choice questions) will be there in the paper.
- Language Medium of BITSAT 2020: The question paper of BITSAT 2020 will be made available in the English language.
- Time Duration of BITSAT 2020 question paper: The time duration of this exam will be of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme of BITSAT 2020: In the question paper of BITSAT, the commonly used marking scheme is prevalent. Wherein, 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer while 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Format of question distribution in BITSAT 2020.
- Physics – 40 questions
- Chemistry – 40 questions
- Mathematics/Biology – 45 questions
- English Proficiency – 15 questions
- Logical Reasoning – 10 questions